Wednesday, July 9, 2014

My Most Embarrassing Moment

Whenever anyone asked me what my most embarrassing moment was, I could never think of anything, until 2012.  Picture the scene...I was doing my usual commute from home to university, it was around 7pm and I was sat on the train watching what was probably a Disney film.  I had a massive suitcase, a bag with a printer in it, a bag with an iron in it, my handbag and a laptop case.  I'd spotted a hot guy at the change at Crewe and was excited to see that not only was he on my next train, but he actually sat at the same table seat as me.  There was awkward eye contact as I was constantly taking sneaky peeks at him (as you do!) and then we started approaching the stop before mine.  

I text my friend and she agreed she'd come and pick me up with her boyfriend in the car as I had so much luggage with me that I don't think I would have survived the walk up the hill to halls with it all!  I started to haul my many bags and cases towards the exit of the train and saw that the hot guy and about a dozen other people were getting up and standing behind me waiting to get off.  I started to panic as I had so much to get off the train and didn't quite know how to maneuver it all.  Do I separate it all and get off the train bag by bag, or do I go for it and try and carry it all in one go to make it quicker and to reduce the amount of time I was holding everyone up by? Yep! You guessed it, I made the stupid decision to try and carry everything off at once, which ended up a disaster.  

I had my suitcase, iron, and printer in one hand, handbag over my shoulder and laptop case in the other hand and I preceded to step off the train.  I remember seeing my friend and her boyfriend on the platform and went to wave at them and as they waved back, I was suddenly faceplanking the floor.  Yep, I'd fallen off the train face first onto the platform.  Somehow, I managed to stand my bags up on the floor so my belongings didn't go flying all over the place, instead they kind of surrounded me as a barrier to prevent people from treading on me.  My friend then came rushing over in fits of laughter and helped me up after I had lay there for what seemed like hours.  I was in such shock that I'd fallen off the train and then embarrassed at the fact that I'd done it right infront of the guy I was eyeing up.  Everyone else on the train seemed oblivious to my helpless body laying on the platform and just walked around me like I was invisible! Not even the odd "are you ok?" or "would you like any help?", just completely ignored me and left me on the floor!  Rude.

Since that day, I have never been able to forget it from constant reminders from my friend and her boyfriend.  Every time I get off a train now, I make sure to hold onto the bars and step onto the steps before the platform and just pray that I don't fall face first again.

So that was my most embarrassing moment, what was yours?

Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment