Friday, November 21, 2014

Life Update

It appears that I haven't blogged at all for over 2 months so I thought I'd update you on what I've been upto.  In September, I booked to go on the Coronation Street Tour.  Being an avid watcher of the show (although I am 3 months behind shh!) i've always wanted to go on the set and when the chance arose, I snatched it up.  They have changed the location of their set and so the old one was open to the public for a few months before it is completely shut down.  I got to see the Rovers Return, the cab office, Nick's bistro, the corner shop, all of the houses, Roy's Rolls and of course the famous cobbled street.  It was so much fun seeing it all in real life and I was amazed at just how small the sets are.  I obviously took loads of pictures and even threw in a Tina pose on the cobbles (which I got a few weird looks for).



I then started my new and first (real) job at Wythenshawe Hospital which I am loving so much.  I have been there for 2 months now and I am loving the working life and being back to having a routine (and also having money!).  

September was Michael's turn to pick our monthly date and he surprised me with a trip to Monkey Forest.  Being a massive lover of monkeys (particularly the smaller ones), it was the perfect date idea for me and I absolutely loved it.  Monkey Forest is in Staffordshire within 60 acres of woodland and they have around 140 monkeys roaming freely.  It was so weird walking through a forest in the UK and seeing real life monkeys just chilling, eating and playing with each other.  My favourites were the baby macaques! The monkeys weren't afraid of humans at all and wandered on the paths infront of us.  After we'd been around the forest and watched them being fed by the keepers, we made our way back to the cafe and had some lunch.  I'd definitely recommend going if you are looking for something to do for a few hours, and it isn't too pricey either! :)

   

Fast forward a few weeks to Halloween where Michael and I made pumpkins and visited Spooky World in Warrington.  Apple Jacks adventure park basically turns into a scary park at night over the Halloween season in which there are 4 main attractions; Carnevil, The Asylum, The Slaughter House, and the Haunted Hayride.  There are actors dressed up in frightening outfits and chainsaws that run at you and I've never been so scared in my life.  My favourite was the Haunted Hayride in which the actors would get on the trailer and 'attack' you with chainsaws and try and scare you.  We had water thrown on us and was tickled by some of the actors.  It was such a fun night although I was nearly crying by the end of some of the attractions!  I'd definitely go again though! 

If you know me well enough, you will know that I love watching YouTube, in particular the UK based beauty bloggers and their other halves.  So obviously I had to go to Amity Fest in which Zoe, Louise, Joe, Caspar, Jim, Tanya, Marcus and Niomi were hosting.  The event was a lot of fun and included Q&A's, singing, games and YouTuber Olympics.  I was a bit disappointed that the show was aimed more for 12 year olds and was a bit immature at times, but I guess their average viewer age is around 12 so it made sense.  I also had many young, shorter girls and their mums giving me evils for being in their way.  I can't help that I'm tall!  Overall though I really enjoyed it and it was so surreal seeing people that I watch on a  daily basis on my iPad in real life in front of me.

And finally November, Bonfire night!  Michael and I went to two bonfires, one in Wolverhampton, and one in Stockport.  We ate candyfloss, watched the firework display and watched the bonfires being lit.  Brabyns bonfire was sooo muddy and Michael nearly lost his walking boots!  The fireworks were fantastic and the bonfires were huuuge, I felt like I was having my face burnt to a crisp.  It was a lovely night out and I'm glad I didn't sit in the house and watch fireworks from my bedroom like usual.



And that's my life up-to-date!

Love, Amy x



No comments:

Post a Comment